Character Arc: “They start out (fill in weakness), but become (fill in their turn around).”
- Example: Sara starts out (heart-broken), but becomes (independent).
Character Roles: These are the roles, in which, each character should or might have in your story.
- Mentor- Protagonists’ conscious
- Tempter- Hates Protagonist as does the antagonist
- Sidekick- Friend of Protagonist
- Emotional- Intuitive
- Logical- Intelligent
- Skeptic- Lone objector, does not hate Protagonist
Main Characters: 60% good, 40% bad
Others: 90% good, 10% bad
Villain: 40% good, 60% bad
Friend of Main Character: 60% good, 40% bad or 50/50
(This is just a guide, always do what your characters want you to do)